FISHING + BOAT CHARTERS
Fishing in Onslow
Onslow has some great little fishing spots suitable for experts, novices, kids and the more competitive types to throw in a line.
Onslow’s famous Mud Crabs are well worth the effort. All you’ll need is some nets or a scoop and dinner could be yours! Five Mile Pool and Three Mile Pool located within a short distance from the townsite provide a great habitat for these little critters. Blue Manna Crabs are also often found in Beadon Bay.
Fishing hotspots include:
- Sunrise Beach: fish, swim, snorkel, collect shells, boat ramp, beach shelter
- Sunset Beach: fish, swim, shell collecting, shaded picnic area, fish cleaning facilities, sunset viewing
- Four Mile Creek: fishing, crabbing, picnic, BBQ area, shaded shelter
- Secret Creek: recreation area and coastal access
- Ashburton River: fish, swim, picnic, bushwalking, camping
- Beadon Creek: fish at the Groyne, safe beach for swimming especially for children at the back side of the groyne
- The Wharf: filleting table at the boat ramp, watch fishing, prawning, charter and industrial work boats
- Mackerel Islands Resort: fish, snorkel, family friendly, island holiday
Our staff will be able to help with directions to get there and further information.
Boat Charters Onslow
Update: Mackerel Islands Fishing Charters are cancelled for the 2020 and 2021 seasons due to Covid-19 social distancing requirements. Excellent fishing opportunities are still available by booking a stay at the Mackerel Islands (22km from Onslow / 45 minutes by ferry) where you can beach fish, hire a plaka boat, or take your own boat over. Contact us for further information on (08) 9184 6444, email [email protected] or visit the website.
Onslow is the gateway to the Mackerel Islands, home to the Pilbara’s fishiest waters.
Surrounded by coral reefs, the Mackerel Islands are renowned for some of the biggest and best fish species in Australia, and are an iconic bucket list experience for any fishing enthusiast or visitor to the region.
One of the best ways to experience the incredible fishing action is on a Mackerel Islands Fishing Charter.
Our experienced skipper and guide can take you to our favourite fishing spots such as the famous Rosily Cay, or let you in on some of our secret snorkelling bays, home to an abundance of fish life and crayfish.
We’ll get you to the best fishing grounds in the Pilbara fast, in comfort and style, for the fishing experience of a lifetime.. Our boat, Island Escape, is a brand new, custom built 11m twin hull LeisureCat, powered by 300hp Yamaha outboards, and equipped with marlin poles, toilet/shower and the latest electronics.
Try out bottom fishing, trolling, stick baiting, GT popping, deep and shallow water jigging, catching top quality species like Red Emperor, Rankin Cod, Gold Band, Coral Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Wahoo, Yellow Fin Tuna, Amberjack, Jobfish, Pearl Perch, Giant Trevally, Queenfish,
Ruby Snapper, Marlin, Sailfish and Mahi Mahi.
Mackerel Islands bookings for accommodation and ferry transfers are available through the Onslow Beach Resort tour desk or contact us below.
Tel: +61 8 9184 6444
Email: [email protected]